Saturday, June 15, 2013

Quilt For A Little Boy....

....... NOT a little dog.  It was hard to take a picture of this quilt with Jake thinking it was perfect for him to lounge on.
 
This small scrappy "I Spy-ish" quilt is going to my nearly year old great nephew. 


 
 
I used two layers of batting to make this quilt extra comfy cozy and I tied the layers together using six strand embroidery thread.

 
The backing fabric came from a fabulous bundle of fabric I recently scored at a garage sale.
 

A lovely quilter was selling some of her stash.  I bought all of this for only $9.00!
A total of 45 yards.   Most are one yard cuts but some are as large as three. 
These will come in very handy for quilt backs and other projects. 

 
I was also lucky enough to find this set of English Pyrex tab handled casseroles in the Blue Iris pattern all for $4.00.  I scooped them up as soon as I saw them.  One lid is missing but otherwise they are in perfect condition.  A lovely addition to my small collection of assorted Pyrex. 
 
 
I'm saddened to report that Hallie the sweet little girl I blogged about here was not the recipient of a wheelchair accessible van.  Poor Hallie is having some significant health problems right now so her and her family could really use our thoughts and prayers.
 
As always thank you for stopping by. 
 
Diane 
 

4 comments:

Janet O. said...

What a great addition to your stash, and at such a bargain price!
I've never seen that pattern of casserole dish--you say you have a collection of them, or are you just collecting a variety of patterns?
So sorry about Hallie. She will be in my prayers.

Brandie said...

Jake is too cute! I think he likes it Mom!
Maybe he's trying to ask for one just like it?
You found some great deals!
I will keep Hallie and her family in my prayers.

Sunnybec said...

Awwww look at little Jake! I think you should make one for him :-) Love your baskets especially the one with the points on. Keep us updated about Hallie. Hugs xxx

Diane H said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...