Friday, May 24, 2013

Table Toppers

   First of all I would like to thank all of you who took the time to vote for Hallie in her family's attempt to win her a wheelchair accessible van.  She made it to the top five percent and the winners will be chosen May 31st.  So watch this space.
 
I've managed to get in quite a bit of quilting this spring. Today I will show a couple of my projects. The idea for this 16" topper started with a fq of cherry fabric called Anticipation by Sandy Gervais.    It was my first attempt with bias binding and I will certainly be doing more of it. 
 
 
For the machine appliqued cherries I just found a pattern on Google Images.  The stippling was done with a new spring action foot I bought for my Husqvarna Sapphire 835.  It worked great.
 
 
 
 
This second topper was made with a charm pack of Maypole by April Cornell and some matching yardage for the border that I bought from  here.  Thanks, Audrey - great service.   The fabric lines that are in my stash are usually 'old' by the time I get around to using them.   This topper was for a friend's large pine table.
 
 
 
I used a great tip I read about.  For the quilting thread colour pick one that is close to your inner border colour.  That way your border remains 'crisp' and stands out nicely.
 
 
 That's it for now.  I have to find pictures of some more of my projects before I can post them.  My old PC died and I'm new to our laptop and can't seem to find anything !!! 


Thanks very much for stopping by.  I hope your all enjoying time in your sewing rooms as well as your yards and gardens.
Hope to see you again soon.

Diane



6 comments:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Great work on your pieces Diane

Janet O. said...

I love that cherry topper--I think I have some of that fabric somewhere. : )
The runner is very pretty.

baukje said...

They are both lovely and so is your machinequilting. I really need to practice . they say every day half an hour do machinequilting will help!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Both gorgeous projects... love the cherries.

Sunnybec said...

Your cherry topper is beautiful, and I should know.... it's sat on my table!!! Hugs xxxx

Sew Useful Designs said...

Wow Diane - you have been busy! I love your quilting on these sweet projects. Warm wishes! Vikki xo
ps. I thought I was a follower of your blog already and have just signed up and put it right! Sheesh! xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...